2008/06/28

Walking in the summer Wonderland

When I first saw a train which displayed its destination "WONDERLAND," I though it was a kind of American joke. I knew that there was Neverland in somewhere in the States, I couldn't believe that there was Wonderland in Boston. But, as I looked over the subway map, there actually was a station named Wonderland at the end of the blue line.

Bored with downtown walking, I decided to check how wonderful Wonderland is. In a 30-40 minute ride, I finally reached Wonderland. It was a... beautiful white sand beach, with its length of over 1km!!! I didn't expect Boston had such a scenery.

In addition, there was a small island offshore. It reminded me of Enoshima-island in Japan. Besides, a little bit deserted condminiums along the beach were just like Atami. I don't know if Americans feel these scenery wonderful, but for me, in a way, they were wonderful indeed.

Living in the downtown must be nice, but living in this laidback atomosphere is an attractive alternative. It's quite possible that I will move to this area in near future.

By the way, I noticed that the sea I was seeing was the Atlantic Ocean, not the Pacific Ocean I saw many times, but an unfamiliar ocean.

0 件のコメント: